A copper knee sleeve is among several wearable items used to treat and prevent knee injuries. While there has been serious debates about them, with some even relegating their effectiveness in treating injuries to a placebo effect, there is no doubt that athletes and others have found relief while wearing them. As a matter of fact, there are several advantages to wearing copper knee sleeves that even the most cynical among cynics cannot help but acknowledge. Before we look at those advantages, however, let’s look at what copper knee sleeves are.
Often confused with knee braces, a knee sleeve is different in that it can both treat and prevent knee injuries while knee braces are only used to treat. As a result, you are very likely to find an athlete, bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast wearing one or two even when there is nothing wrong with their knees. This is because a knee sleeve plays a big part in supporting the knee joint and supporting muscles, which are often impacted by repeated strenuous activities such as running, jumping, lifting and squatting. When copper is added to the mix, the knee sleeve becomes even better at preventing injuries and when there is an actual injury, it helps to speed up the healing process due to its antimicrobial properties. Now let’s look at those advantages.
- They may keep your knees injury-free for longer: ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injuries are very popular among sports men and women, especially those involved in basketball, soccer and gymnastics, among others. Additionally, the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial cruciate ligament) can also become injured, making the knee one of the most injury prone joint in the body. The support of a suitable copper knee sleeve helps to reduce pressure that can affect these ligaments, especially when coupled with good form, adequate rest and proper nutrition.
- They help to speed up the recovery time of knee injuries: A knee sleeve with a high copper content has antibacterial as well as anti-odor properties which help to keep the knee injury from getting infected. On top of that, a copper knee sleeve that fits well will promote better circulation which will also result in a quicker healing time. This is because, injuries require improved blood flow which results in essential nutrients and oxygen being carried to the affected area. Additionally, it helps to keep the joint warm and comfortable during the healing process, ideal conditions that promote faster healing.
- Enhances performance: Whether you are a professional athlete or weekend warrior, it is fair to say that you always want to outdo yourself. That means running a little farther or harder, lifting a little longer or heavier or completing more reps in exercise. Enhancing your performance means that you are growing and getting stronger; you are pushing the limits of your abilities. With the assurance that a copper knee sleeve gives as a supporting implement for both muscles and joints, you are more likely to push harder and go for longer knowing that your knees are not under excessive pressure. Additionally, it helps to relieve stiffness and pain which can often cause athletes to be tentative rather than to perform better.
- Reduces arthritic pain and symptoms: Copper knee sleeves are not only good for athletes but also patients with osteoarthritis, a degenerative disease that often affects the knees and other joints. This ailment often results in pain and swelling and may even restrict movement severely. A copper knee sleeve can help to reduce the symptoms presented by arthritis and even make it easier for arthritic patients to move around without pain.
- They are suitable for any lifestyle: Whether you play basketball, into track and field or just an early morning jogger, a copper knee sleeve can fit any lifestyle. The best ones are made of breathable material which are antibacterial and anti-odor, allowing them to be worn under most conditions and environments. Also, if the knees need to be kept warm or protected during a long trip or plane ride, they are quite ideal in relieving fatigue while promoting warmth and increased circulation.
As you can see, there are quite a few advantages to wearing copper knee sleeves from Get7Solutions and they are not limited to sports people. If you are looking for one, there are a plenitude of them available online and in stores that sell sportswear. Since knee problems can strike at any time, especially if you lead an active lifestyle, it is in your best interest to invest in one today.